"Inspired by texts in Mattthew 13:14-16, ...like treasure hidden in a field urges the reader to keep spiritual values at the forefront of the mind. It’s structured as a five-linked movement sinfonietta, and offers the percussion section a field day. Chinese wind gongs and bells add that extra fillip of vividness to the canvas, evoking an aura of mystery and magic. Once again the Boston Modern Orchestra Project acquit themselves with distinction under Gil Rose’s charismatic direction."
– MUSICWEB INTERNATIONAL, Recording of the Month/Review of The Debrecen Passion by Boston Modern Orchestra Project and Lorelei Ensemble, 17 September 2016 (Stephen Greenbank)
"filled with attractive ideas..."
- THE NEW YORK TIMES (Steve Smith), January 2009
"Kati Agócs embraces the orchestra’s vast scope and possibilities for layered schematics and resonances..."
- Q2 ALBUM OF THE WEEK, WQXR, New York, Review of American Composers Orchestra, Emerging Composers digital-release CD: 'While sounding at home, ACO nevertheless goes big'. March 17, 2012 (Olivia Giovetti)
"Pearls, by the promising Kati Agócs, an American Composers Orchestra commission, was artfully shaped for the 35-member ensemble, and its thoughtful, unhurried performance was led with able defininition by George Manahan...Based on a parable from the Gospel of Matthew about the value of selling everything to buy the best pearl, its 'jeweled sonorities' include chimes, tuba, and rattles..."
- NOTES ON NOTES, Review of American Composers Orchestra, February 20, 2009 (Leslie Kandell)
"Gorgeous...a local composer to watch"
- THE HUB REVIEW, Review of Boston Modern Orchestra Project performing ...like treasure hidden in a field, a 2011 orchestral re-working of Pearls (2009), "Bolcom, BMOP, and the Graceful Ghost of Ligeti', March 6, 2011 (Thomas Garvey)
"...like treasure hidden in a field takes its title from the Gospel of Matthew and winds the orchestra through a maze of left turns and unexpected flashes of discovery."
- Q2 ALBUM OF THE WEEK, WQXR, "Kati Agócs's High-Drama Setting of Love and Devotion",January 25, 2016 (Hannis Brown)